Less stress - better performance
Are you experiencing high job expectations? Or uncertainties about the future? Or uncertainty about whether you are good enough as a researcher? Or is there something else that may be stressful? This is something many researchers experience. If you want to be less stressed and have more energy, then attend this workshop for PhD students with Bjarne Toftegård. He has a Ph.D. from DTU and is now a specialist in preventing stress with an MSc in Psychology from Copenhagen University. Besides teaching courses, he stress-coaches both researchers and many others.
At this course, you will be introduced to a variety of techniques and tools you can use in your daily life.
During the workshop we will cover these topics:
• What is stress really?
• The difference between stress and being busy
• Becoming aware of your own stress
• Becoming aware of others stress
• How to prevent stress together
• How to create and maintain well-being
• Good and effective tools against stress
• How to perform without stress
• How to avoid that too little time is stressful
• How to control your thoughts
• Solutions to your own stress problems
The workshop will be a mixture of introduction talks by Bjarne Toftegård, and discussions in small groups. The participants will spend time reflecting on their own situation during the workshop.
Instructor: The workshop will be performed by PhD Bjarne Toftegård, founder of www.forebygstress.dk.
Max. number of participants: 16.